Contributor

Ok, I am playing this game called

Dungeon and Fighter Online (DFO)

and for more fun, SOME people buy game gold from seller, and I'm one of them

they have this site, and you write your character's name and choose amount

and HAVE TO PAY FIRST

and then they check the payment and send the golds to buyers

the problem is I paid my payment to this site http://www.dfogold.net/

and they want me to pay through Western Union because of their business policy or something

i didnt get it but i was willing to do it and

they are saying then i can get my gold

so i was like " why should I pay twice without getting any golds yet?"

so i told them if i get refund from paypal first, then i will pay through western union to them

BUT they just denied

so the status is that they just took my money atm

So i put this transaction to disput

do u guys think i have a chance to get my money back? T-T

I mean this is not my first time buying game golds but this kind of accident never happned..

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi NOOOOOOOOOOOO and YKing, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into delivery issues with the purchase of digital goods. 😞

When buying and selling digital goods, it's important to be mindful of the additional risk that comes with this type of activity. There is no protection for these payments because the goods are intangible and delivery can't be tracked. Similarly, it is difficult to prove misconduct because lack of delivery can't be proven.

When a digital goods seller is not cooperative, the best bet is to file a dispute in the Resolution Center. The seller may opt to refund through the dispute. Even if the dispute is closed, your complaint will go on record against the seller.

One thing I'd also recommend is a review of the Terms of Use for the game you're playing. Many online games have rules against buying and selling in-game items including in-game currency. The rules may be in place to prevent real-world money from impacting the game economy, but they're also there to protect players from potential risk. Some game companies may even close accounts where this type of exchange is detected. As an online gamer myself, I can only imagine the frustration of having my high level characters unavailable because of something like that!

I really wish you the best. I hope the seller cooperates and refunds you quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

YKing
Contributor
Contributor

Hey dude, I have a similar problem as you do:  https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Buying-with-PayPal/Please-Help-I-Think-I-Got-Scammed/m-p/431123/...

I don't know why half the questions on fhis discussion board get so many views but go unanswered.  Anyways, keep me updated on what happens since a similar scam was pulled on me but by another paypal user.  I just opened a dispute and am waiting for the guy to respond for now.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi NOOOOOOOOOOOO and YKing, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into delivery issues with the purchase of digital goods. 😞

When buying and selling digital goods, it's important to be mindful of the additional risk that comes with this type of activity. There is no protection for these payments because the goods are intangible and delivery can't be tracked. Similarly, it is difficult to prove misconduct because lack of delivery can't be proven.

When a digital goods seller is not cooperative, the best bet is to file a dispute in the Resolution Center. The seller may opt to refund through the dispute. Even if the dispute is closed, your complaint will go on record against the seller.

One thing I'd also recommend is a review of the Terms of Use for the game you're playing. Many online games have rules against buying and selling in-game items including in-game currency. The rules may be in place to prevent real-world money from impacting the game economy, but they're also there to protect players from potential risk. Some game companies may even close accounts where this type of exchange is detected. As an online gamer myself, I can only imagine the frustration of having my high level characters unavailable because of something like that!

I really wish you the best. I hope the seller cooperates and refunds you quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

wychunter
Contributor
Contributor

You do know that's against Nexon's Terms of Service, Right?

Login to Me Too

YKing
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Olivia.  I bought an HD PVR, not virtual goods.  I asked the shipper to include a tracking number but he hasn't done so and hasn't attached a tracking number to the transaction on paypal.  The payment was already complete, I opened a dispute but the guy hasn't responded.  Is it possible that he already deleted his paypal account or would paypal freeze all his funds?  On top of that, after I made the payment, I realized the guy was an unverified paypal user so I'm pretty worried.  Also, can I only open a dispute once?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi YKing,

Thank you for the clarification!

If the item was tangible, the seller will need to provide valid tracking showing delivery in order to win the case. If he fails to respond, the case will time out in your favor. You can only open a dispute once on a specific transaction. You'll definitely want to keep the dispute open until the goods are received, even if the seller contacts you to say the item is on the way.

Please come back and let us know how it turns out!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

melodiemay
New Community Member

hey olivia ,

you seem to know a bit about ebay and paypal and being scammed maybe you can help me out....i recently purchased hair extension son lin eand paid 75$ and it has  been over 1 month and a half with no tracking info no response to my dozens of messages nor refund...what do i do...i have contacted paybal and ebay...is it just the waiting game now or did i get scammed and thats the end of it? thanks 😄

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi melodiemay, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry to hear you haven't gotten your item and the seller has been unresponsive. Have you filed a dispute in the Resolution Center? It's important to get that filed within 45 days of the payment, in order to take advantage of PayPal Purchase Protection.

Please let us know how that works out!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

racechick65
Contributor
Contributor

Just had the same thing happen with time for a game my son plays - the seller is being totally unreasonable - refuses to refund, refuses to process order, refuses to call me to resolve, refuses to have a supervisor contact me - pretty much refusing everything but so willingly accepting to keep the money.  Okaygoods Online Shopping is the name of company.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi racechick65,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience! In situations where PayPal Purchase Protection is unavailable such as digital goods transactions, there are still options for reporting the issue, if you feel that you have been defrauded.

Here are some links that can help you learn more about fraud and how to report it:

I really hope that it turns out to be a misunderstanding and the seller cooperates with a refund instead.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.