Reference Transactions - PayPal cust service does not know what it is!

CHP_Chris
Contributor
Contributor

HI

I called PayPal twice today and spoke to 7 agents.  No one I spoken to has heard of Reference Transactions (https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/integration-guide/ECReferenceTxns/) which I wish to reques to be enabled.  I spoke with customer service who transferred me to technical who transferred me to sales who transferred me back to technical and I am not getting anywhere so i eventually just ended the call.

does anyone have a contact in PayPal who knows PayPal's services who can enable this for me?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seems odd that they can't help.  Unfortunally no one here can help either as we don't have the access that is required to setup your account.

To give your issue a bit more visibility, suggest reaching out to PayPal through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Hopefully that will get someone's attention.

Login to Me Too

AndrewHorder
Contributor
Contributor

Sales have told me that this is categorically the responsibility not "PSS" or Sales to whom I was sequentially transferred (on the first call).

Now, on the second call, I am told (by Cust Servs) it should be "PSS", because they are the experts in website payments.  Because I insisted that they only transfer me to someone who can actually deal with it, I got to Business Support - who went off and did the run-around for me.

Megan from Business Support now advises that apparently it IS sales who are supposed to do it!  I'm now awaiting a call-back from Sales (within the next 72 hrs, apparently - I suspect that means a quick training roll-out!)

Meanwhile, off to temporarily disable all my Tweets & FB posts pointing anyone to the ability to actually buy something from me ...

Login to Me Too

netgroup
New Community Member

Would someone from paypal PLEASE sort this out.  We're running businesses here and you are supposed to be helping us - not giving us the run-around.

Train your staff about ref transactions and let them know who and where we can go to get these things enabled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.