Postage Label Printout

Clivef
Contributor
Contributor

I am now using a new computer and when I print out postage labels, I cannot find any controls to turn off the 'header & footer'

I have printed to preview but there is nothing to turn these off.

When I used my old computer, this was not a problem.

I am using an Epson R2880 and what I did previously was use an A4 - 4 labels per sheet, cut them in half to A5, then every time I print out postage, I would put one label sheet (now 2 lables per sheet)  it would print the first label on the left hand side followed by the proof of postage A4 sheet.

Then when I print the next label, put the sheet back in the printer (other way round) then print the next and so on.

This allowed me to use A4 - 4 labels per sheet without any waste and worked perfectly until now using new computer.

I am still doing the same thing but I cannot seem to turn off the header/footer it makes the printout miss some of the wording on the left hand side of the label, although it still just about prints the 'return address' on the label.

If only I could turn the header/footer off I would be back to where I was which worked perfetly.

Anyone know how I can turn the header/footer off when there is no button/setting which I can find in the preview or properties.

Thanks to anyone how can solve this.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Clivef
Contributor
Contributor

To anyone who may have seen my last post re printing postage labels, I have now resolved the problem.

For anyone who wants to use labels to print postage, if you have a printer that is NOT cartridge loading (i.e. top loading) or has a single sheet bypass then this is what to do.

Use A4 - 4 labels per sheet, cut them (carefully) in half to A5 - 2 labels per sheet.

Insert one sheet (same as A4 sheet) then when you print your postage label, it will print the label on the adhesive sheet followed by the A4 proof of postage sheet.

Then repeat for next label but turn the label round so it uses the other half.

This way, you can use all 4 labels without waste and makes life a lot easier.

I have been using this method for years without any problems.

You may need to adjust the marging (mine are set to zero using chrome) to get the label print to fit, use the test print first before printing actual label.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there CliveF,

Welcome to the community.

Thanks a million for coming back to us with this Smiley Happy

I have moved your answer here so its in the same place.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.