Pay Now page expiring

craig_treble99
New Community Member

I have been creating a website for a client. Basically he is selling products, which take their value from a live feed price.

I have spotted a potential problem in that when the customer is taken to the "Pay Now" page on Paypal the value is set. The customer could wait and see if the value on the website is then increased or decreased before making the payment. If the value has decreased, they can just close and re add to the cart. If the value has increased then they are effectively paying less than they should.

Which takes me to my question. Does the "session" on the PayPal pay now page expire at all? Or can someone keep this page open indefinitely then make the payment in a few hours, days, weeks time?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi craig_treble99, 

It is generally around 5 minutes for a page to timeout if it hasnt been active. May I recommend that you review our PayPal developers website as it may give you an alternative solution. 

I hope this helps and thanks for your post 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.