Magento & PayPal - Different Price Breakdowns

djones88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I wondered if somebody could help with an issue we are experiencing with the pricing breakdown when people purchase via PayPal from our website…

My company use Magento for our e-commerce platform, when a customer opts to pay via paypal on our website the prices shown on our checkout screen are different to what a customer sees when they get sent to PayPal. The grand total is the same but the breakdown is different (item total, shipping, VAT). It looks as if VAT is excluded on the displayed prices when on the PayPal screen, I'm not entirely sure. This is confusing our customers. Is there a way to get the prices to be exactly the same as what is shown on the website?

Here is a recent example…

WEBSITE CHECKOUT SCREEN:
Product X = £18.75
Subtotal = £18.75
Shipping = £3.95
Grand Total = £22.70

PAYPAL CHECKOUT SCREEN:
Product X = £15.62
Shipping = £3.30
Item Total = £18.92
VAT = £3.78
Total = £22.70

As you can see, the total to be paid is the same, but the breakdown is totally different.

If somebody could shed some light as to why this is happening and how it can be changed I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

djones88
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else experienced this issue? And if so, would you be able to advise how to resolve it. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.