Customers without PayPal accounts

pumbuslerish
Contributor
Contributor

Some of my potential customers are schools and voluntary organisations, overseas as well as in the UK. Typically, they don't have PayPal accounts, they don't like to use credit/debit cards, and they want to pay from a bank account. The "pay now" button mechanism doesn't allow for this. Will the "paypal invoice" procedure give them a route for payment? Can somebody pay an invoice from a bank account without having a PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You cannot pay to a paypal account without going via paypal.

If they don't have an account they can send a guest payment and that can be sourced from their bank account but if they don't have a back up c.c. or debit card on file it may go as an echeque and take a while to clear.

Tell them on the paypal overview page to click on send money top right side of screen. then on the next page ignore everything and click on the orange send money button. It will open a pop up that allows them to fill in their info and send payment...hopefully direct from their bank account...haven't confirmed that last bit and it may be they need to imput debit or c.c. info.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.