paypal postage down

scotchbloke

paypal postage still not working does anybody know whats wrong, or can paypal answer the question?

HELP

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

scotchbloke

Just been on royal mail and their website is under maintenance and wont be running until tomorrow(Monday)

do you think this might be the problem with paypal postage?Smiley Tongue

Login to Me Too

07canadafund
Contributor
Contributor

This 'service' has been down since Friday night 18th November.  Here we are at Tuesday, 22nd November and there is still NO service, NO explanation from PayPal and NO indication as to when we can expect a resumption of the service.  I've got eBay parcels coming out of my ears, winners who need items by specific dates clamouring for their items and I'm beginning to get seriously hacked off with the situation!!Smiley Mad  If they would just tell us WHAT is going on and WHEN it's likely to be fixed, it would be a start.  This "nothing to do with me" silence is positively insulting to fee-paying PayPal customers!!Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

antzbabe
New Community Member

Well said Canada, I couldnt have put it better myself. I am totallly disgusted that there isnt even somewhere you can check for problems like this. I have reinstalled the JAVA platform on my computer thinking that was to blame, tried different browsers and was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with my computer.

Come on Paypal, you can do better than this, at least have the decency to put sellers in the light and let us know when this is likely to be resolved.

Login to Me Too

Stokesy
New Community Member

You can't print online at Royal Mail either - message comes up saying about the essential maintenance issue. I queued up in our village PO for 20 minutes yesterday with 9 parcels which took 15 minutes  for the counter clerk to sort, whilst the queue behind me was backed up out of the door! The usual tutting, "Ebay people" moaning and looks followed as I made my way out (does anyone else get this problem in their PO?) If I knew when the site would be available again I could plan my deliveries and inform my customers. I bet this won't be taken into consideration by Ebay when bad feedback is given because of slow postage, and yet bad feedback could be avoided just by Paypal and Ebay keeping us informed so that we can keep the customer informed! 

Login to Me Too

Pinksugarcube
Contributor
Contributor

Hi stokesy, well said!!  I started using the Paypal postage facility after getting totally hacked off with people's faces when I walked into a Post Office with my parcels.  In the past few months I have had 4 items go missing in the post and have therefore put in claims for these items.  This prompted me to start sending everything recorded for a bit more security, however I must say, it defeats the object of having the convenience of being able to print your postage labels and then still have to queue up for a tracking number in the post office!!!!  Smiley Sad  Surely Royal Mail could add this facility when you buy postage online??!!

Also, not only did I get angry and frustrated faces from the public, but then I got a telling off for putting post office workers out of business by 'doing the job myself'.  Hahaha!  You can't win!!

Login to Me Too

Sunstone78
New Community Member

Because I've been ill as well, I now have orders going back to the 11th! I'm getting seriously p***ed of with this, is there ANY indication from PayPal when this will be resolved?

Login to Me Too

grimreaper
Contributor
Contributor

I have been checking the boards since this happened and there has been no indication of when this will  be resolved i did phone paypal and i was told that it is not their fault but royalmail and ebay has said the same thing.Ebay is out to get all us sellers by the looks of it. Totally agree with you sunstone78 really really P***ED off with it all no explanation from either of them i.e paypal or ebay.Man Mad

Login to Me Too

07canadafund
Contributor
Contributor

Not a word from Paypal, Royal Mail, eBay - ANYONE!!!!  Are we valued customers or just mugs?Woman Mad

Login to Me Too

mortitia_uk
Contributor
Contributor

3 DAYS AND STILL NO POSTAGE......Bloke at the post office is loving it. Think I might change my listings to direct bank transfer, Paypal is getting on my nerves

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.