extortionate fees

Epaminondas
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal fees for sellers- a bit of a rip off, aren't they?!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Epaminondas

So you are allowed to come on here and call paypal a rip off and then you accuse me of being agressive when I give an alternate opinion??

Maybe you can have a pop at me when you have saved just ONE person from being scammed on here rather than the hundreds that I have done.

I may be abrupt at times but I think the folks that may accuse me of agression are the ones that don't like it when they post a topic and don't get the answer they want ie someone that agrees with them ie YOU.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Leemacky
Contributor
Contributor
Who ever that volunteer is you lack any compassion and have that typical “cooperate” tone. End of the day no matter what crap spout, the fees are extortion, n I don’t care if you say read the terms. You clearly work for this company, or and gaining from these extortionate fees. You need to go ask you team for some customer training cos you sir suck. To the others Ebay is a rip off. Since separating PayPal and Ebay, they have doubled their money, and only did it to include double fees Ebay is a joke, PayPal is a joke, and so are you mr advisor 🙂 and that note - peace out
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leemacky

Smiley Very Happy

No I don't work for Paypal and certainly would not want to....try looking up the word volunteer.

And accusing me of working for the company because I disagree with you on this occasion is so original.........err not.

And why would I need to be compassionate?? I pay the same fees!!

Yes they are high, but are still lower than a regular live auctioneers in the high street.

And as I said before if you think you won't make enough profit with stated fees then sell elsewhere, compassion does not come into it as far as i can see.

I save my compassion for poor folks that have been scammed etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaeSwift

Its good to try other places, dependent on what you sell other sites may be better for you.

I did try others but found that I still made a bigger profit on ebay even taking into account the fees as ebay gets more buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.