eBay - accusation from buyer counterfeit goods sold...

Drench73
New Community Member

Hi All

I recently completed a transaction with a buyer on ebay for a pair of sunglasses and I have been accused of selling counterfeit goods. The goods are not counterfeit and I even have the original receipt. To cut a long story short ebay got involved and took the side of the buyer. I was not at all happy about this as why should i receive a return based on an accusation and then have to lose out financially on sellers fees and postage etc. Although the main reason for my disgust is that ebay have not really looked into the case at all and just took the side of the buyer.

I sent this onto what I thought was the ebay CEO and paypal uk CEO a few days ago via email and now wondering if they even got my request to reconsider the case as it was a struggle to get email addresses. I dont agree with the outcome of this case and wish to complain, please advise how I do this for paypal and I will do the same for ebay.

Thanks

Andy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Has the buyer returned the item back to you??

If the buyer said it was fake then the onus is on him to prove it with written proof from a seller of the item etc or trading standards.

If he can't do that then paypal will judge the dispute on "item not as described". In that scenario its often one persons word against the other so ebay will tell the buyer they can have a refund BUT they have to return the item back to the seller at their own expense.

In answer to your second query >>>>>>>>>>>.

How can I make a formal complaint to PayPal?

To submit a formal complaint to PayPal:

1. Go to our Customer Service page.
  2. On the right, under 'Contact PayPal', click Email Us.
  3. Enter your details and click Log In, or if you can’t log in, click Continue on the right side of the screen.
  4. On the 'Send an Email' screen, from the 'Topic' dropdown select File a complaint, then select the sub-topic How to make a formal complaint to PayPal, and click Submit.
  5. Read the information on screen. If you're sure you still need to submit a formal complaint, click Continue.
  6. Complete the form with your details and click Submit.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.