Seller Protection

pjuk79
Contributor
Contributor

Good afternoon,

I've recently sold an item through eBay and the buyer as since stated that the item was damaged on arrival. The damage could not have been caused during posting, and the buyer has requested £25 refund. I am 100% sure that the item was in perfect working order as it was almost brand new (only a few weeks old). I've now had to issue a refund of £25 as my funds (£300) have been put on hold in my paypal account. 

Does anyone know how a buyer is protected from this type of claim? I feel that I'm being cheated as I know that this item was not broken when it was posted.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes thats a possibility............their are some odd and untruthful buyers out there.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There is no way you can be 100% sure an item was not damaged in the post.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pjuk79
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In this case the item was not damaged in the post as the item was packed in the original packaging and all parts where placed in solid foam that does not allow the parts to move. The box it was sent in has no damage whatsover. The buyer is stating that I damaged the item prior to sending it when I had to dismantle the item to box it up.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK fair enough then its your word against the buyers and there is no way of knowing who paypal will decide in favour of.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pjuk79
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly what I thought... I'm just frustrated as I feel that the buyer broke the item when trying to put the item back together and now I don't have a let to stand on as my funds are frozen until I give them £25 back.

Thanks for your comments!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes thats a possibility............their are some odd and untruthful buyers out there.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.