Proof of postage & paypal protection

kaitlinlodge
Contributor
Contributor
I am a seller on depop and a buyer asked to pay via paypal which i was fine with, i took the item to the post office along with another parcel to be sent to another customer. I was only given one receipt for one customer but i usually never have problems with delivery so didn't ask for them both. I've had a despute open by the customer and said she hasn't received the item. when i've found my proof of purchases i was only given the proof from the other item i posted that day ! If i post more than one item i'm usually given a overall receipt stating the parcels weight & cost etc. but instead i was given just one receipt for the other parcel, how do i get this sorted? would i be able to go back to the post office to get the receipt from 1-2 weeks ago? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaitlinlodge

Proof of postage is just proof you posted it, its not proof that the buyer received it.

To win an item not received dispute you need to provide paypal with a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

You don't have to send trackable but if you choose not to then its at your own risk and not the buyers.

After all if you paid for an item and did not get it would you not want a refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kaitlinlodge
Contributor
Contributor
I do not offer to pay extra for tracking unless the buyer would like to pay for it, and she did not ask to pay for tracking and knew it was going 2nd class
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaitlinlodge

Well its not in a buyers interest to pay extra if a seller does not offer it.

The risk is yours so to ask for more to send trackable is for your benefit and not the buyers.

After all if a buyer files non receipt of item how are paypal going to know if they received the item or not unless the seller proves they did with a tracking number.

I take the risk of sending non trackable for low cost items but occasionally an item goes missing so i just refund the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.