Post Office Refusal to Sign Certificate of Posting / Postage

jwalk
Contributor
Contributor

Strange one this:

I used the PayPal print postage label option, printed off the postage label, then wrapped and took the item to my local Post Office branch.

I handed over the parcel to the Counter staff, and also the Certificate of posting slip.

Then I was greeted with 2 lines:

1. Why did you do this? Why don't you come and pay for postage over the Counter?

2. I can't really stamp or sign for this as I don't know how much you have paid (even though I pointed out it is printed).

I left the parcel with them and left without a signature. I've had this twice now at different local Post Offices.

The Counter staff were experienced, so looks like I cannot use this service in my area (Bolton UK) without problems.

I'd advise others to be aware of this and use the machine in the main post office or buy over the counter and hand over and ask them to print off the certificate of posting, as then they see their (Post Office) stamp.

Sorry, but if PayPal and the Post Office can't get this right together then I'm not going to use this service.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

zophiel
Contributor
Contributor

We also had this problem.  So we asked to speak to the manager, we asked why his staff would not fill in the form and there was no reason for them not to. 

They did go through a period of only stamping the proof of postage and not signing it too.  But we asked them politely to fill the form in correctly as it does state that it requires the stamp and a signature/initials.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.