Paypal Lying Twice!

Hilzat
Contributor
Contributor

Had 3 payments on hold from Paypal, Phoned up Thursday to query was told by girl that she wasn't at work Saturday but would personally see that the payment was released... Saturday comes no money... Calls back to get another girl, was told sorry the girl shouldn't have told you that will have her seen to and as a courtest will release the other TWO pending payments.,,, 20 minutes later only one was released... Called back for a third time to be told they can only release one payment as a courtesy and that I had to wait 3 days for the other. Had a bit of a ding dong with the surpervisor to be told there was nothing else they could do and another million apologies.

I borrowed money on Thursday on the back of that girls promises that I would have MY money, absolute joke how is that customer service to not be lied to once but be lied to twice in the space of a couple of days,

I am tempted to never use paypal again. I understand the holds on the funds to a certain extent but to be lied to by two agents is uncaceptable practice. Obviously they didn't care about my complaint and not even a good will gesture offered for there incompetence.

I now have to go and try to explain to somebody why I can't give them there money back.

Thanks alot.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hilzat

I think sometimes you get call centre staff that don't know what they are doing and so say anything to fob you off and get your off the phone.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hilzat
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunatly that sounds about right.

I work in a call centre myself and have first hand seen it happen myself it's a sad situation.

While I'm on amazingly both payments have been released to me this afternoon, clearly somebody was feeling guilty enough to do a follow up on my complaint.

Thanks if your reading but I will be very wary in future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.