How can I get my money back

charlene2
Contributor
Contributor
I won an item last night on ebay and paid straight away. They didn't have any feedback so I regret it now. They have asked me for more money as they said it didn't make enough. I've said no and have asked for them to cancel my order and to refund me. They are now ignoring me. How can I get my money back. Everytime I go to try and open something with ebay they are saying I can't do anything as the estimated delivery isn't until the 23rd...
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would wait until you can open an ebay dispute as he may well refund you in the meantime.

If you file a dispute for non receipt of item ebay are not going to take it seriously if you only paid a few days ago.

You will have to give the seller time to refund OR send the item to you and personally i would be giving him appropriate feedback after you have your refund as he is supposed to start the auction at the least he is happy to accept. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

charlene2
Contributor
Contributor
Thankyou I will wait then. I was worried incase he cancels his ebay and closes his paypal (he has no feedback so doesn't use it alot!) Will I lose my money if paypal cannot claim the money back off him if he had dissapeared? Ir was £105 Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Under ebay buyer protection, if they find in your favour and the seller has not sent you the item  then if the seller does not refund you then normally ebay will under their buyer protection programme.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.