Fees higher than quoted 3.4%?

mgladman1520
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community,

I've just made my first few sales on eBay and I'm trying to explain the fees listed on my PayPal summary.

As you can see in the below image the total for the item was 44.83 GBP

I understand that paypal fees are 3.4% +20p

This should come to 1.72 GBP but the fee is listed as -2.31 GBP

I understand eBay invoices me (seller) every month unless I'm mistaken. I must be missing something but I've not found any information to help me out with this, any pointers Paypal community?

Capture.JPG

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

mgladman1520
Contributor
Contributor

As a follow up;
I managed to get through to customer support over the phone and they informed me that the buyer was from outside the country and managed to explain the fees.

Although the dispatch address was within the UK, their account must be registered elsewhere - a shame the seller has to pay for this and has no control over it.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mgladman1520
Contributor
Contributor

As a follow up; My other 3 item fees all work out as 3.4% + 20p. There is only one item (pictured) where the fees are incorrect.

Could this be that the buyer paid from outside the UK? Despite the delivery being within the UK. Thoroughly confused...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mgladman1520

Was it an international transaction?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mgladman1520
Contributor
Contributor

It was not an international transaction and the buyer address was in the UK.

If they're buying outside of the UK is there any way for me to know?

Login to Me Too
Solved

mgladman1520
Contributor
Contributor

As a follow up;
I managed to get through to customer support over the phone and they informed me that the buyer was from outside the country and managed to explain the fees.

Although the dispatch address was within the UK, their account must be registered elsewhere - a shame the seller has to pay for this and has no control over it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.