Dishonest Scumbag Buyer ... Can't appeal ....Advice ?

KBLB2909

Hi , this is my first post on here and i'm frustrated beyond the point of being angry. Long story (kinda) short , sold a childrens tablet , which was basically new , fully functonal and had no damage at all , on ebay , sent immediately and upon rceiving buyer sent a message and left good feedback stating that he was happy with it and his daughter was delighted . Fast forward 5 days and I receive a message from him saying that there are "vey deep" scratches and that the camera has "stopped working" . I assure him that the item wasn't sent like this and with my packaging couldn't have been done in transit and asked him why , after 5 days of use he was just noticing now ? he replied that he didn't look properly . He opened a return reuest on ebay , which he then closed after I refused but opened a case on paypal which he has now won . I have been sent the tablet back , and am disgusted ... the camera has been smashed in with a pin of some sort and there are several deep gouges on the screen and all the original box and bits are missing . I contacted paypal to complain and opened an appeal but they have both been shut down as the "buyer reported that the case was resoved amicably" , now I seem toi have no platform to appeal and am sickened that such a dishonest person can play the system like this so I guess I am asking if anyone has had any similar things happen and if so , what the outcome was ? for my own dignity and principles I cannot let this scumbag get away with this and if he does I find that very sad . Sorry for the long read but I'm looking for any advice from anyone who can help or point me in the right direction . Thanks , Lewis

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but annoying as it is, its just the risks of being a seller.

In the case of an item received but not as described paypal can't know what you sent or what the buyer received (even with photos you could have sent another item) so normally they ask the buyer to return the item but at their own expense.

Just like a shop has to put up with the odd shop-lifter etc, sellers will get and have to put up with the bad buyer.

Far more good buyers than bad out there. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.