account hacked, how to contact paypal

jorg2023
Contributor
Contributor

my friends paypal account has been hacked and i cannot find a way to contact paypal to advise them, does  paypal have a 24hr fraud line

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jorg2023 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jorg2023
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your help. ButI need to contact them now to protect a hacked account so waiting for business hours is not practicable.

Only business hours contact means hackers have hours to steal all my friends personal information and access all her credit cards and bank accounts.

The fact they do not have a 24hr number means paypal have no interest in customers privacy and are only concerned about their own costs.

chat robot refers you to customer service which is only open weekdays and limited hours

Phones says we are closed, call back during business hours

message is business hours

the paypal facebook page was last updated over a year ago.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jorg2023 

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/contact-us?locale.x=en_AU

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hello @jorg2023,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. Thank you also for looking out for your friend! I'm sorry to hear that this stressful situation has occurred!

In addition to the contact information that @kernowlass shared, there's also an option to report online. If your friend is able to regain control of the account, please provide them this linked article for steps to report.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

jorg2023
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

Have you intentionally not answered my question?

The answer should be paypal does not provide a 24/7 fraud contact.

Paypal does not make any channel available where a member can immediately access 24/7 contact with paypal for fraud.

All banks and credit cards  have this channel, why doesnt paypal have one??

Only business hours contact means hackers have hours/days to steal all my friends personal information and access all her credit cards and bank accounts.

Yes, Paypal offers fraud protection BUT the fact Paypal does not have a 24hr number means paypal is knowingly assisting hackers and has no interest in all the customers issues with shutting down and reopening credit cards and bank accounts linked to paypal.

Can you please escalate this to senior management. But I suspect that they already know this and have prioritised their personal bonuses from cost cutting rather than protecting customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.