Why does my account have limitations?

lemonade-g
New Community Member

Paypal has limited my account and I'm not sure as to why. I have only made one transaction and one transfer. When I try to cancel my account, I can't. At this point, I don't know what to do.

I don't even that the chance to see what is wrong with my account, all it says is that I can't use Paypal anymore. Shouldn't this mean I can cancel my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lemonade-g 

You have a U.S account so do you live in the U.S?

Are you over 18?

Have you ever had a previous paypal account permanently limited?

Have you read the user agreement and acceptable use policy to make sure you have not violated it?

Have you used the friends/family option for selling goods or services or for purchases? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

K_Botley
New Community Member
I have this same issue. Can't get a human to respond to me so I went through the automated system and requested that they close my account. Got a message to give them bank statements and photo ID. I refused and requested that they close my account on their end and I will wait for email confirmation it has been done. It's apparently been sent up to some higher office to do that.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.