Transaction fees

Temp20230311
New Community Member
Hi there! Recently created an account, my 1st time using PayPal for selling my goods. My buyer is from US, I'm UK. They keep asking for verification fees because the amount is a bit higher apparently. I did not receive any notification about the transaction being held or anything, only they sent me a screenshot and sent their email so I can send the verification fee. I'd just like to know how accurate is that before I send my money.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230311 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.