Scam

Midnight23
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got sent money through a sandbox paypal, from a guy who said he's a sugar daddy. I had to make an account through that link he sent me. so he sent me 20,000 USD but I'm in Canada so it got converted to $25,771.20 CAD. And there is a note that says, 'This receiver will need to pay for this international transaction charges fees of $1250USD within 2 hours to be able to access this funds into your personal bank account." Before i received that amount, i got a email from a paypal via Square, with the custom amount of $10,000.00 and that it got stuck at 75%. It says, Check (Payment status:$10,000 pending on this account due to time in sorting out the last charges. Payment charges: bitcoin Payment fees:$440USD NOTE:this money will be pending on Your account until you purchase $440USD bitcoin needed within the next 1hour to be able to complete this payment Direct note from PayPal.) And he would keep asking me for money in bitcoin to pay it off.

So yeah is this a scam.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Midnight23 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Midnight23 

Of course it's a scam.  🤔

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Midnight23
Contributor
Contributor
What if it shows the amount in the sandbox paypal link, he gave me. It says 'Paypal balance, the amount sent to me shows that it's available. But I can't access it until I pay the bitcoin off to send it to my bank account. What does that mean?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Midnight23 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jolie777
New Community Member

damn, they r more clever now they did the same to me I payed a little fee but urgh whatever anyway they send me proof of previous people who did the same transaction of proof but Im pretty sure they are in this together or edited....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.