Scam or real?

Clatter
New Community Member

Just had an email supposedly from paypal Is this a scam or real? Please verify your account information We recently notified you that we needed you to provide and verify certain information on your PayPal account. PayPal needs this information to comply with applicable laws and to make the PayPal community as secure as possible. Until we've received this information, you won't be able to send or transfer money from your PayPal account. What do I need to do? Just log in to your PayPal account and follow the instructions in your account notifications to see what information you need to provide. If you do not successfully complete these steps by 9 September 2022, we will need to place further limitations on your account which means that you will not be able to send, withdraw or receive money from your PayPal account until that limitation is lifted. Once we've received and verified your information, you'll be able to use your account as usual.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clatter 

Do not log in via any link in that email, log into your paypal account normally and if the information is required it will show in your message or resolution centre.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.