Item lost in the post.

Saveyourselves
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I recently sent money for goods that did not arrive, probably lost in the post. I used the goods and services option that provides buyer protection and have successfully purchased from the same seller before, therefore I trust that they are not dishonest. Will both the seller and myself be compensated? I feel really bad for them since the item was expensive and both of us are now out of pocket through no fault of our own.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Saveyourselves 

To win a dispute for item not received the seller would have to provide a tracking number to prove delivery of the item to your paypal registered address.

If not then you would win the claim and if the seller did not refund you then paypal would under their buyer protection policy and then they would put the sellers account into negative until they paid them back again.

If the seller sent the item insured then they could claim from that insurance if not then that was their risk and if it went missing they would have to put it down to one of the risks of online selling and taking the risk of sending uninsured.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.