Is it possible to open a closed dispute or to contact PayPal to do so? What else to do?

LuNa_Na
New Community Member

I bought a product and did not receive what I wanted.  I opened a dispute and was contacted by the seller to close it so they could issue me a refund. I was naive and closed it. They claimed they put up a request for a refund and are waiting for the website to accept the request.  I tried to contact PayPal support and says there are no agents available. I don't know what else to do. What else can I do in this situation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LuNa_Na 

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-close-my-dispute-or-claim-HELP180

Make sure that you’re 100% satisfied with how the case was resolved before closing it. If the seller offered to refund your money, for example, make sure that the money is in your PayPal account before you close the case.

Once a case is closed, it can’t be reopened or escalated to a claim.

You never need to close a dispute for the seller to refund, they issue a refund and that automatically closes the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.