I cannot use my account and I cannot submit the required info

Worrrmrot
Contributor
Contributor

For whatever unknown reason, even though I haven't used my account any differently than I always, Paypal decided to restrict my account. Whatever, fine, I go to fulfill the stuff it asks me so that the issue can be resolved. One problem - It's asking me to submit a bank statement. This is despite the fact that there's *no* bank associated with account (only a prepaid card), and I don't have a bank at all in general. So what am I supposed to do? I submitted the other two documents it asked (ID and a utility bill) but I can't submit this. Am I just completely **bleep**? I have no idea what to do, this account is VITAL for me because all my money for my work comes here, so, forgive if I'm a little panicky but I really need help here, I have no idea what to do and I might just have completely lost access to my main source of income for no reason.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Worrrmrot 

Your account is probably not verified if you only have a prepaid card linked to it.

To verify you need to add a bank account OR sometimes they accept a confirmed debit or credit visa.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Worrrmrot
Contributor
Contributor

Well it appears it isn't treating my card as verified again, so I guess I should try verifying it? But even so, that doesn't solve the issue of the fact that I'm being asked to submit something I can't submit. I guess I might need to talk with Paypal directly?

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

Worrrmrot
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

In the end, I decided to use a statement from my card as my file. It is the only thing I can offer as Paypal's support are not answering me to me on twitter or facebook, so I had nothing else I could do and I was in a hurry and stressed. Will this be a problem? I ended up confirming the card again just to be safe, and I did it with no problems. Now it says to wait 1 business day... So probably monday.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.