How do I block money requests

Carly-dunn1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I've got someone constantly asking for money via PayPal money request. How do I go about blocking this person from doing this please? Also how do I block from sending money to them and remove them from my personal PayPal account please?

Login to Me Too
66 REPLIES 66

Ethan001
Contributor
Contributor
I just double checked. Those options are there and it solved the issue of scammers requesting money. In the PP app on iOS go to: Account icon —> faceID login —> Data and Privacy —> logs you in again —> click Search Privacy —> uncheck all of the options under ‘Requesting’. If you don’t see those options I’d recommend you update the PP app on your iOS device and check again.
Login to Me Too

SecCon
Contributor
Contributor

That option is not available in the Android app.

Been looking through all the options available.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone!! 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've been receiving unwanted requests from other PayPal users. I can certainly understand how concerning this can be. If the options listed by other users on this thread are unavailable or not applicable to your situation, you may want to think about changing the email address on your PayPal account. Since our users mainly send/receive and request money through the email address on an account, by adding a new and unique email address and removing the old one, you may not receive these requests anymore. It can be a bit of a process, so I would reserve it as a last resort if the other options listed throughout this thread don't work.

Best wishes to you all and have a wonderful day, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

FlowBee
Contributor
Contributor

So why don't you explain to us android users why the settings specified by Ethan001 are not available to us??  Why are IPhone users so blessed??

Login to Me Too

Al1ce
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t have them options and app upto date, in data and privacy there are 6 options - permissions you have given - interest based marketing - blocked contacts - download your data - correct your data - and delete your data if anyone knows how I find the option to block requests please.
Login to Me Too

mrterrific
Contributor
Contributor
Wonder if you can send money requests back to the account that's doing the requests? That would be amusing.
Login to Me Too

Al1ce
Contributor
Contributor
It’s also against the policy rules, u can report people who request money from you which I did u can also block their request and them from requesting again
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.