Hacked account question

cpeters83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I received an email that stated that a new email address was added to my PayPal account, and I did not recognize the email address, so I clicked the link that stated "If you didn't add this email, let us know right away." When I tried to log in, my password didn't work, and when I clicked "forgot password", the website stated "There's no account associated with this email address or username." I assume someone hacked my account and deleted my email address from the account; so, I've had to create this new account in order to ask for help here. Should I be worried in this situation about identity theft/charges being made to my bank account (I did not have my credit card information on my old account, it was only linked to my web banking), or should I just forget about the old account and begin using this new account going forward?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cpeters83 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jordysparks
New Community Member
This happened to me too what did you do to disconnect the card from your paypal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.