Extortion/blackmail refund

WilliamBilson
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I was blackmailed for 700 dollars, leaving 9 dollars in my bank account. The perpetrator threatened to send an explicit video of me which they proved they have, to all of my friends and family on facebook which they proved they could do. If I request a refund for this I assume the perpetrator will see a refund request and will then send that video to everyone. Is there a way to get my extorted money back without the perpetrator being notified by PayPal? Please help me, I have no more money!!!

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

I am in the same situation right now, sent them $500 and then they right away asked for another $500.  Want to cut off all communication but concerned they will send the video.  Not sending them anymore money and realize the $500 I already paid is gone, but do not want the video sent. @WilliamBilson 

Login to Me Too

Hello990
Did they send it to people?
Login to Me Too

Hello990
When you closed your account did they sent it he video to people?
Login to Me Too

sids04

hey man i would like to know what happened with your situation. I'm facing the same thing right now. did you get your money back?

Login to Me Too

LIS413
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, what was the outcome with this? Did Paypal investigate/refund? Cheers.
Login to Me Too

AngelFandujar
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same boat right now but the only different is I use my credit card because I thought it was going to be easier to get my money back but right now the money went through and it max out my card and i don’t know what to do
Login to Me Too

Nat072
Contributor
Contributor

i am currently being extorted

Login to Me Too

Dinik
I would ask you if paypal sent you money back and if blackmailer leaked your photos. I have same problem now.
Login to Me Too

Kaneyoshi

Personally I went through this too and it kept escalating. I advise you to hire a third party cybercrime investigator because most likely the payments will never stop. The one I used was digital forensics corps and they were able to find the blackmailer's IP address within 2 days and had them stop contacting me. It was kind of expensive but I think overall it's much cheaper. I filed a dispute with Paypal and they are going through the case.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230506z
Contributor
Contributor
Hey do you have any recommendations
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.