Deleted my primary PayPal account wasn't aware of billing ID's?(hacker might be involved?)

joshx02
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted account with billing agreement id, but wasn't aware of it(Hackers got into my account) so i had to remake an account cause i wasn't aware of any billing ID's because my cards were already long removed when i saw activity in my account so I just assume i was fine and deleted my primary account because my bank accounts weren't linked and the hackers had no way in fruading me, how does that come into play, could they just use somebody elses's credit card and remove it quickly from autopay after purchasing a monthly thing? If so, how do i resolve this? Do i contact PayPal about fraud and my situation? This truly sucks because i wasn't aware of billing ID's or anything and PayPal didn't SEND ME ANYTHING about prior billing ids in weeks, i've just now discovered this from primary email after deleting my PayPal account because i was anxious and tired of hackers getting into my account stealing my phone number and home address....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

shellywalker197
Contributor
Contributor

Jimle22
New Community Member

Yes, I have been trying to set up a new account and I have had problems funding it with my bank account.  I had $0 dollars in there when I started getting emails from PayPal saying someone had purchased $100 worth of a Bitcoin.  I had to ignore it because, I don't have money in my account.  How the hell does this happen? There were no charges to my bank account or PayPal.  Fraudulent hackers?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.