Counterfeit item not as shown when bought online

Harri7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there so the story started off as I was buying a watch for a Christmas present a week before Christmas I bought it and it came all good after Christmas I noticed that the watch something was off about it from when I first saw it in the shop the colour was off and it just didn’t look right.After this I went back into the shop to see the watch to make sure it’s the same one and it is the same watch advertised on the website I bought of anyway so on I checked both watched ans it’s very clear to me now that the colours are both different the material is t the same the weight of the watch isn’t the same and even the movement of the watch is off.After this I contacted the website where I bought it from and he said that it is 100% authentic but when I went into the shop me my friend and even the person serving me at the time all noticed these differences I even contacted another watch reseller and he noticed more things and said he is 99.9% sure it’s a counterfeit item and at this point I again contacted the website saying I’m not happy with the product etc and so on they replied with I won’t be able to return the product because I’ve had links taken out and I got this professionally done by a well known jeweller in the email they sent me they and on there website it says 100 percent authentic and therefor I know know it’s not I would off happily sent back the item for a refund but then again they might go down the route of it never arrived so what can I do many thanks Harri .
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Harri7 

Get written proof the item is counterfeit from a shop or company that sells the genuine item and then file a dispute for item received but not as described via clicking on the transaction and using the report a problem option bottom of that details page.

Upload the proof or mention that you have the proof when you open the dispute.

IF and only if paypal find in your favour they may request you return it back to the seller trackable to prove delivery first but wait until their decision once you have escalated to a claim. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Harri7
Contributor
Contributor
Could be nearest jeweller do this they sell watches and most likely would know about it and open it up and compare to another model they have in stock ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.