limitation on my account without good reason from paypal

shannonbrown
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is limiting peoples account without any proper process and investigation, my Account was verify just this morning and l tried to make transaction was told funds hold by paypal. No concrete explanations was made, l submitted  require document and was approved. funds in my account is 1,221$, single mom, and paypal want to ruin life for me by keeping my money for 180 days,, l think people should stop using this means of transaction.. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

VAAZSS
Contributor
Contributor
have you gotten your account back yet?
Login to Me Too

shannonbrown
Contributor
Contributor

the money will be on hold for 180 days before PayPal can decide to release my money or not, why cant the money be release and hold the account? paypal is playing games with peoples life's, imagine holding someone money at your selfish decision.. paypal is not considerate 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shannonbrown 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

Some of the reasons for being banned are because you are under 18 or the account is not in your legal name or the account is registered in a country where you do not reside or you have violated paypals acceptable use policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shannonbrown
Contributor
Contributor

like l said, my account was limited for no reason, am 40+ in age, my country and origin are in order, why my money is been hold for 180 days doing what ?  

Login to Me Too

Thalia1313
Contributor
Contributor
Shannonbrown, I created a campaign on gogetfunding and they suggested I link my campaign to PayPal. Foolishly, I did. Paypal has limited my account for no obvious reason, and it's holding the donations that people made for my cause (and urgent cause, a surgery). I contacted customer service and they are asking what's gogetfunding, the website that actually recommended PayPal to me. I am trying to sort this out with no success. I can assure you that I broke no rules since gogetfunding did all the work. I just offered my PayPal details. And now,of course, I regret it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.