account limitation ; i can no longer use paypal

vishaustralia
New Community Member

hi guys,

just a question, got this random email from paypal saying that they've found  potential risk with my account and can no longer offer paypal services to me. i am in complete shock. i called paypal and someone from the philippines picked up and said i have to look for a different payment gateway as i am totaly banned but couldn't give me a single reason why. i am absolutely gobsmacked, upset and furious.

i only had one transaction in july which was to withdraw around $150 to my bank for selling a collectible item to someone in america. i've had a handful of transactions in may and june, mainly sending money , all less than $50 to friends in the philippines going through a hard time in covid. i've bought some collectible art from the UK a couple of times which were my absolutely biggest spends through paypal at around 500 UK Pounds and that's it. 

i've had less than 10 transactions in june and less than 10 in may and then even less than that the months prior. i hardly use paypal and it's only a once in a while thing for me and then now i get smashed with being deleted permanently from the platform.

i can't even talk to someone to find out why. i don't do any legal activity and i read the user agreement and abide by all those. i don't have any fraudulent activities or anything like that. i am a normal account holder that uses paypal to send and transfer money once in a while to international countries- that's what paypal is for right. all i would like to do is to speak to someone that assesses their internal accounts, find out why my account is deleted and then if based on certain transactions that they need explanations for, i'm happy to provide as much detail as they want.

the only explanation they offered me was that most of my transactions were purchases in may and june and i withdrew money for the first time in july which amounted to $150 so it was an irregular pattern...omg..really?? doesn't disabling my account seem excessive punishment for something that doesn't make sense...

can someone pls provide some guidance as i have no idea what to do now...

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Minhnguyen93 

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18 + account is in your legal name + the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.