Why do I need a google play card?

GeminiNette
Contributor
Contributor
No I downloaded the app maked an account gave the person my email PayPal name. I got a notification email of the Erwin sent the money but it’s says something about they security and I gotta pay a $50 google play card .
Login to Me Too
37 REPLIES 37

cholowii
A friend sent me a picture that he is about to send money but it's saying that $50 gift card is required to verify the pending transaction. It also said on the screenshot "dont quit yet until you upload the gift card" I need an urgent help because I really need the money. "$50 google play GC is required to verify this pending transaction dont quit yet until you upload the gift card" Is this trustworthy?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cholowii 

NO its a SCAM.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Reneew111
Me 2 bc someone send me one like that talking about fina send 5000 and it say the same Messages
Login to Me Too

riusbi2600
There's a guy I meet on app, and he said will transfer me 4000$, but then he said to buy a steam gift card for him. After the fisrt card, he sent me another notification that need another 50$ steam card for the fee. Still I need that money so I bought it for him the second card. But then he sent me another notification that it needs a 20$ steam card for the banks charge?? And this notification not correct. "Transaction as been approved...", the word "has" is missing an "h". This is obviously a scam right?
Login to Me Too

Flvacko
New Community Member
Holy how many times do you guys have to be told? PAYPAL DOES NOT REQUEST GIFTCARDS OR ANY KIND OF VOUCHER. Let me be clear with you IF THEY ASK FOR ANY KIND OF GIFTCARD OR VOUCHER THEN ITS A SCAM, AND NO DONT ASK "is this trustworthy?" Not to offend any of you people asking if its a scam but how unintelligent can you guys be? Do you guys even have commen sense? Literally its been explained to you why it is a scam like 3 - 4 times and you guys still ask if its a scam or not.
Login to Me Too

slugzkawaii
welp- ig i got scammed 😭😭
Login to Me Too

slugzkawaii
i had this problem as well as someone saying i needed to transfer him money in order to confirm my payment. its a scam.
Login to Me Too

Raine__
Contributor
Contributor
Hey so I know that it’s a scam and I told the guy that I wouldn’t pay for the card and everything but then he said that if I didn’t pay for the card that he would lose all the money he sent? I’m guessing that’s not true
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.