Small Business Discrimination // Account Limitations

LTDManagement
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for an email or person I can contact regarding this email below I drafted up.  They have blocked my account and offered no information as to why and gave me no possible way to contact anyone or etc.  Even the message center chat is shut down and I cannot even get to a normal agent.  I called yesterday and both representatives (basically robots)  said the same thing over and over.  I will not let this just happen.  

Hello, my name is Leah, I am a graduate of (redacted for privacy reasons) with a degree in communications/marketing.  I recently started doing free-lance marketing management and created my own business L.T.D. Management.  

A few months back I opened a PayPal Business account to accept payments from customers to broaden my customer base.  Having PayPal allowed me to easily accept payments from customers for work I have done for them whether it be media creation, promotional campaign management or even idea consulting services.  

On July 10th one of my customers paid off an invoice using multiple transactions and my account was limited by the account limitation department.  They requested more information from me like a photo ID, more information about my business, proof of supplier, and proof of customer fulfillment.

Since that day I have been gathering the required information and submitting it slowly but surely before the August 24th, 2021 deadline I was given.  The big hold up was my ID.  When asking for the photo ID I noticed my ID was expired.  Which account limitations does not accept expired IDs.  So July 13th I went to the DMV here in Wisconsin and updated my ID card, however they don't print them out on site.  (I did submit the paper temporary version but it was rejected)  I had to wait until July 19th for my actual card to be received in the mail at my residence.  I also had to gather notarized letters from 3-4 different customers showing proof of fulfillment directly from my customers.

That brings us to today and why I am writing this email and formally filing a complaint.  

Yesterday July 19th, 2021 I received an email saying I can no longer do business with PayPal saying that I need to review the acceptable use policy or user policy.  Which I did.  While reviewing that policy/user agreement I saw nothing that my business would be in violation of and would give PayPal the right to freeze my assets for 180 days.  

Not to mention I WAS NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS I HAVE BEEN GETTING TOGETHER FOR ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS!!!! 

I was told I had until August 24th, 2021!!

So yesterday, very upset I might add, I contacted the account limitations department.  I spoke with R.J. (employee ID 1572206) and asked the reason my account was closed and what part of the user agreement I violated.  He had no reason, and no information regarding why my account was frozen/closed.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and spoke with Francis (employee ID 1298889) and they offered the same blatantly passive regurgitated non-information regarding this issue.  Which in a way, I believe is a form of discrimination, and means PayPal is actually the one violating their own user agreement.  Which is a breach of contract in my opinion.

How can I be in violation of the user agreement if no one at PayPal can tell me how I am violating it??

Which brings me to this email.  

I am formally escalating this blatant act of discrimination and demanding/requesting a response from someone that actually does something at PayPal.  I will not just let this issue die and not do something about this.

You have frozen over $10,200.00 of my assets.  I'm a 24 year old recent graduate of Marquette with student loans.  I am a small business owner as well.  That is my money and my account that you blatantly have shut down offering no reasonable response to why....

I will seek legal counsel, I will go public and tell my story, I will do whatever it takes!!

Also, attached to this email, along with the account limitations case number below, are all the documents I spent over a week gathering together for the account limitations department to review.  ID, Business Info, Notarized Letters, Etc.....just to prove I am not the one in the wrong here. 

I would like them reviewed and I would like this entire incident investigated internally by PayPal.

I am also requesting a formal response to this email.  If this issue is simply ignored, I will seek legal counsel, and I will pursue very publicly my assets that are being held without reason,  along with punitive damages.  

I believe this is a blatant act of small business discrimination.

PP-L-273013243934 is the account limitations case number.

Regards,

Leah 
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LTDManagement 

PayPal does review accounts regularly, and any concerns with security, violations of the User Agreement or Acceptable Use Agreement, compliance obligations, etc., could lead to a permanent restriction. Additional information beyond what would have been provided to you in a notification and/or email would not be available due also to security concerns and due to such information being proprietary.

Everyone who posts on here about being limited always says that they had broken no rules. However Paypal do not ban you for 0 reason. What would be the point? They make far more money from you using your Paypal account than interest on any held money.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Longtimemember1
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, it seems these horror stories are in fact true. I've had my acct for 18yr, was turned into a business account 14yr ago, same business address and model for 11yr. On Wed, I did a normal "Here" transaction, just like any other one I have for the last several years. Didn't think anything of it, went to use my debt card (declined!) and my account is now limited for "fraud". The swipe reader was acting up, so I keyed in the transaction (again, which I have done several times in the past). So, not only is the transaction funds held, they locked my entire account. Reading all these limitations lately (how crazy, just saw a news article about this a few weeks ago) is starting to scare me.

Login to Me Too

toots5000
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear the news I am taking both ebay and PayPal to legal court for aiding fraudelant actions committed upon ebay Although ebay/ PayPal have split They are still Owen in unison. By same owned company together etc I have recorded dictaphone phone requested call back from both so mentioned here Both companies given crime ref no, to at least two open fraudelant cases I opened And both times sided with such ebay / PayPal business registered account holder knowing such fraud occurred And causing financial loss both counts to myself in such progress of in doing so, Written. Informative accounts. Recorded conversations of in agreament of actual fraud between myself, ebay sellers. Etc But in promising. Stating We have refunded you x4 times recorded conversations. X 1 written. Then to Award open case to fraudelant sellers etc This action being taken against both company’s mentioned. Is for the safety of others There own health And we’ll being Preservation to ones well being If I can be of any help to you in any way Please get in touch Thank you Kind regards. David toots5000
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.