Shipped by MANUAL (is it a scam?)

kogepan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So I bought something from a seller and paid through G&S. And the seller said it was shipped.

On paypal it only says  "Sent by MANUAL" with no tracking info.

I emailed the seller several times and after almost 2 weeks they responded saying they didn't get tracking on the shipment. That was ok with me, but then I asked for the company they used to ship so I could check if there were any possible delays in shipping (this if from CA to IL) since it should not take this long.

They would not give me any more information. I told them that if I got no information after 14 business days I wanted a refund, and if no refund was give I would file a dispute.

All they said is they shipped it, but never gave me the shipping information I asked for. Is it a scam? Should I wait longer before filing a dispute?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

DarrellLK
Contributor
Contributor
Ordered a tv and sent an Email with no reply it’s a scam I’m going to try to see if I can get my money back
Login to Me Too

ALStotler
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from a Facebook ad and this was on 12/12/2021 I never received an email confirmation so I searched my bank transactions and then went to match the total up with PayPal and it showed me a tracking number then went to Google to research Manual and I found a global tracking site https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking It gave me all the updates on my package. It says I will receive January 4th-5th. I will update after then to see if I actually do receive my package. So in short so far is not a scam IMO
Login to Me Too

bdbelt
New Community Member

I checked using that link and it says it was delivered yesterday evening, but it wasn't, nothing was delivered due to the snow storm!  I'm still skeptical of "MANUAL", will update if anything shows up!

Login to Me Too

tracking48
New Community Member

Thank you for this information- I used it and found the package and should be on the way

Login to Me Too

Mskeys01
Contributor
Contributor
Yes. No one did what they actually purchased from the seller. But I was led to the website posing as LUVME hair supplier. I noticed when I received my PayPal receipt the name was in maybe Chinese and the email was Hotmail. I immediately placed a claim for fraud.
Login to Me Too

Bbml-tn
New Community Member
I found a international shipping that says “ The shipment under this waybill No.SF6043362736541 has not yet been picked up or has been delivered for over 3 months.”. I believe this is on a ship in a container. And it’s all the company has to show. I’m going to contact the company and find out if I get a response.
Login to Me Too

Florida-diver
New Community Member

I had the same issue. It shows shipped by Manual. I tried to contact the vendor but there is just an email address and I haven't received a reply back. I reported the problem through the PayPal resolution center and the case was closed stating that transaction was ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection. This doesn't make sense since I paid PayPal and I didn't get the product. It seems PayPal is allowing this fraud to take place and just takes your money. I don't think I can trust PayPal to purchase anything in the future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.