Sending money to Italy from the US.

Temp20230626A
New Community Member
Trying to send money from the US to Italy for a family member getting married. I am trying to send from my bank account, but it does not show as an option. I then read to transfer money to wallet, but I am not seeing that option displayed in my wallet. Is the only option to use a credit card?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Temp20230626A
New Community Member
Transfer does not show up in my wallet and either does my bank. I ended up paying my husband and having him send from his PayPal as it was all showing in his account. Not sure why my account is restricted. But I messaged PayPal help twice and did not hear back.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Temp20230626A,

Thank you for joining the Community and making your first post. I appreciate the opportunity to help with some information!

Every transaction that is conducted in the PayPal system is evaluated by the internal security and risk controls in order to protect you and the other party in the transaction. If the parameters of the transaction pose risk, the entire transaction may be declined, or a specific payment method may be unavailable for the transaction. There are a bunch of factors that might have contributed to this. At times a legitimate transaction can be caught in the net so as not to inadvertently let an actual fraudulent transaction go through, or to put you in a position to experience fraud loss. Sometimes, if that happens, the method will be available for another transaction with different circumstances, or even the same sort of transaction at a later date. 

I'm very sorry that you experienced this frustration and inconvenience, and I'm glad you were able to find a workaround. If ever this occurs and the intended recipient is not someone you know well, I would recommend against using a workaround, as the internal controls are there for your protection and in most cases they are doing their job quite effectively!

I hope this information helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.