Scam

Shellrapp
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order on 3/20/22, and it is still pending.  Seller has not provided any contact information.  I want to cancel the order as I fear it is a scam, but there is no option for me to cancel at this point through PayPal, and no way to contact the seller.  What are my options? 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Mama32
Contributor
Contributor

I totally got scammed, shame on me. And I'm out $200!  I've tried to open a case, and just like the person above, when I'm asked to "enter more details" the system won't let me.  I think I'll be switching out of paypal to another form of payment. I thought this was a great platform to keep my $$ safe.  I'm rethinking this now.  Thank you all for the above information!  I guess $200 isn't too bad to be out vs what it could have been. *sigh*

Login to Me Too

intenselymagic
Contributor
Contributor

I have long thought PPal is nothing but a front for a Chinese Criminal Cabal. My last transaction confirmed it to me.

Login to Me Too

Jonathan235
Contributor
Contributor
Something very similar has happened to me. Despite good reviews from Google. The adult Spanish company (who I will not name as I've started a dispute through the resolution centre) have not replied to any of my emails and my order is stuck in "processing" mode. I opted for "pay in three" so am told by PayPal that I will have to pay in full before a refund is possible by way of changing my dispute to a claim. I thought no funds were due until the order passed over processing to shipping? Is there something I'm not understanding anyone? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.