Scam Suspected

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received an invoice from Digitech Solutions saying that they had renewed my 2 year membership for $199.99USD . The only product I use from them is a calender app which I would not pay $99 a year for when there are free ones avaiable. They say they have deducted the payment as it is an automated system but it is not showing up in any accounts hence that is why I looked in Paypal. 3 days later I get the same invoice. I can't reply to their email and when finding their website and going to the contact us link I get a 405-HTTP Verb used....is not allowed. The other strange thing is the sender is Digitel Solutions and a private name .Why wouldn't they use their website domain name. This thing is stressing me out. Hopefully someone has answers.

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

faithlifenow69
Contributor
Contributor

I did make the mistake of calling.  Very friendly guys of course.  I thought I had mistakenly signed up with them back in 2018.  Couldn't remember.

After several days of a run around, the last thing said they were putting a Walmart Gift Card in the mail for $200.   I never paid them nor did

they take that amount out of anything.   Like someone said, they tell you to keep your computer on while they try to transfer your money into

an account.  That never happened.   Nothing ever happened with my accounts.  But what did happen, I had 2 fraudulent charges on my PayPal.

Total of right at $1000.  They said they would take care of it.   Of course, they did not.  I turned in the charges to the department at PayPal Credit.

Hopefully, they will be resolved.  Now that I see other people suspecting this company, PayPal will see what's going on.   I did have someone add me

to their Zelle account on one of my banking accounts.   I called right away and took them off.   I have a good firewall if that helps.  I still had the

icon TeamViewer on my Desktop.  I managed to get that uninstalled.   Changed all my passwords.  Hopefully, they are not in my computer and cannot

get into it now.   I have someone who can check that for me.  All I can say, is now I know.     

Login to Me Too

JoAnn21

Same scam Digitech Solutions. Appreciate the heads up . 

Login to Me Too

RandomCanadian
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure?  They say on their website to upload a bill so they can "**bleep**" it.  ROTFLMAO!!!  Yeah, scam as far as scams can go.  Still, I am bored today so I may phone the number to scambait for my own personal amusement.

- Their website does not use SSL (most ecognized CAs will not issue certs to scammers)
- Most of their pages do not work

- Spelling errors, grammar errors all over website

- map shows their office in Finland Closed (and in the middle of an intersection)

- They sell "Lines and Calls"

They're not even close to being good at scamming. Time to have some fun and scare them.

Login to Me Too

PMac22
Contributor
Contributor
Now getting same type of emails from Geek never had contact with them.
Login to Me Too

clara84

I also received an email from this address! I called to cancel (I have lots of subscriptions!) and talked to a rep from India with very poor english! He hooked me to a supervisor (better english!) who sent me to a web page and had me start a download, when I realized he was having me download and set up "teamviewer" I questioned why he needed access to my computer to cancel a subscription, he said that was how they did it, especially if I wanted a refund! When I refused to go any further he started getting very baligerant with me and we ended up in a shouting match! He then threatened to charge me more money if I did not hang up immediately! After a few more colorful words to end the conversation I hung up! I have not discovered any accounts as of yet that had been debited 199.99. Paypal was the first place I looked as most of my subscriptions are paid from Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Clara,

I originally started this thread about being scammed by Digitech Solutions.  I downloaded a calendar and that is how they contacted me originally I believe.

Everything was fine until a year later I got the email about an automated renewal of $199.99 being deducted from my account. I sent back many emails without success. My last threats to them was to report them to Scamwatch, ACCC and ASIC in Australia.

I have not heard from them since and am happily using (their?) calendar. I would have assumed that they would deduct from PayPal first leaving PayPal to chase me for the money! My credit card hasn't been touched either.

I also assume that some people will give in and somehow give Digitech their account numbers. I have had countless people coming up with the same events as you or something very similar. My advice to all is to ignore these request and threats but keep an eagle eye on your accounts. Most of them will fade away and try elsewhere and unfortunately some people crumble under (what they think is) pressure. 😠

I am not sure that all the people that contacted me will see this, I certainly hope so.  Hang in there! 😊

Regards , Henk (Graga48 / henhoving)

Login to Me Too

RandomCanadian
Contributor
Contributor

If you use Chrome, you will soon see a warning on this page. I was going to do nothing but after reading the comments here, realized many people can still get scammed, so I took direct action. I also reported them to several other groups that may be able to stop their website from being presented.

If you still have the original emails, please do the following:

1. Click on the email to open it in the webmail view (<Removed>)

2. Click on the three small vertically stacked dots on the upper right hand side of the reading pane

3. Click report Phishing (spam would do to but this is more harmful and should be reported as such)

If you do find yourself on the phone with them, enjoy the chance to be rude/abusive without any restraint. These scum prey on innocent victims and have stolen many people's money. 

Login to Me Too

dvdme

I just received the same email. First hint that it was a scam is that the funds were not deducted from my bank account. Second, the reply email was a gmail account not the company's private website email account. The website was digitech-usa instead of digitech. And lastly and I don't mean any offense but it tends to be true, a person with an Indian voice answered. Which I know these types of scams originate from India. When I immediately told him it was a scam he said "ok". No legitimate company would respond like that. 

CONFIRMED SCAM. 

Login to Me Too

moheganfalls
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, As so many of you I just had the mail below,.....

I have tried to contact them by phone and the number does not exist.  Digitech Solutions are a company in Luton UK and they had no end of problems with this as people complain.   The email address is weird -<removed>- and it is gmail which by virtue of email can not be a 'noreply' email address.  This, my friends, is a scam to get details of people so that they can steal your ID or money.   Hope this is helpful.  

Dear L,

Thank you for choosing Digitech Solution Services.

This email is meant to confirm that your subscription expires on February 11, 2021, and will immediately be renewed on February 11, 2021

After 48 hours, the debit balance will be expressed in your account.

We hope you have got benefits from Digitech Solution Services and will get benefits in the future too.

Please find the Invoice details as mentioned below:

INVOICE

INVOICE DATE:  01/12/2021

INVOICE No:  #770751

Bill To: L

SALES DEPARTMENT

[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/strong>

DUE DATE

02/11/2021

ID

DESCRIPTION

QUANTITY

UNIT PRICE, $

TOTAL

Annual Maintenance DGL 2 Year Plan 86TL621/25528 

$199.99

$199.99

SUBTOTAL  

$199.99

SHIPPING AND HANDLING  

-   

TOTAL  

$199.99

If you have any concerns or problems, wish to cancel your subscription, you can call us at  [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/strong> between 10:00 AM and 06:00 PM (EDT).   

We appreciate your business and thank you for the opportunity.

With Regards,
Digitech Solutions
[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/strong>

Office Timing: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM (EDT)

Note: Please do not reply to this email because this is an automated mail service.

Login to Me Too

Gem39
Contributor
Contributor
This is a definite scam avoid contacting them. Just delete their email.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.