Paypal limited me for NO reason

kise6
Contributor
Contributor

So a couple of days ago, I used a VPN, and obviously, VPNs are not liked by PayPal's system, so I was put on quick security. I have had this a couple of times, and I had to wait days because my real mobile phone number that is operating was not supported on my account, but on my other PayPal accounts, they could work. So I waited a couple of days and even went on my old account to contact quick security. There was no problem, but when this specific agent messaged me at around 1:37 PM, the same exact time, I received an email saying my account was limited for violating the Acceptable Use Policy. Usually, with quick security, you have to wait 48 hours, but with my account limited, it allowed me to log in even though I waited around 30 hours. I am trying to get my account unlimited, that's all I ask, anything I should do? I can't contact PayPal agents on this account for some reason, it keeps saying agents will comeback at "5:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time", so when I waited another day, it still showed the same thing except a day later, for example, I tried on Wednesday, it said to come back on Thursday at "5:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time", so I did and now it says comeback Friday at "5:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time". This acceptable use policy, I don't sell drugs or guns or anything, it's all legal. I don't understand how I go from asking for help on quick security checks to my account literally being banned. 

TL;DR:

I was on quick security on my account, so I went on my other account to contact the message center. An agent responded at 1:37 PM, I received an email on the same day saying my account was limited. I do nothing illegal. Limited PayPal is now off quick security, I go to message center, message center keeps saying agents will return "5:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time", if I message them at 5:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, it says the same thing. I can never contact agents on limited PayPal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kise6 

Unfortunately you broke paypal rules by using a VPN and it sounds (correct me if I am wrong) that it was not a one off time?

Secondly you say paypal accounts so if you have more than 2 accounts of the same type again you are breaking paypal rules but I may have misread what you wrote and the other accounts are closed?

Either way only paypal customer service can help you but if they have said its a permanent limitation then normally they have parted ways with you.

You could try reaching out to them and checking if there is anything you can do?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kise6
Contributor
Contributor

Alright I understand with the 2 accounts of the same usage, but my account was limited the same time a PayPal agent tried to help me with my quick security check, my PayPal was limited regarding quick security. Do you think this might've been a mistake in the system? Could I use the message center? C

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.