Need help ASAP!

Nagzal
Contributor
Contributor

I need help! 

So I bought some gear in this video game from a guy who had like a selling discord, he seemed chill and didn't scam me. So yesterday I said **bleep** it and I sent him 200 bucks to buy like some op gear, he said it was pending and he didn't get the money, and I found it to be suspicious and so I opened a case, I lost it. Now he's like half ghosting me, what do I do please help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nagzal 

You used friends/family?? That's a shame then as.............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nagzal 

Would help if you gave some information if you want advice.

How did you pay ie which paypal option?

Which dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim?

What was the reason given for it being denied?

How did you fund the paypal payment? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Nagzal
Contributor
Contributor

FNF

Unauthorized since it's the closest one

No, I just said my side and "I don't know the guy and we were doing a transaction, didn't receive anything"

They don't find it Unauthorized
(I shouldn't have used unauthorized, but it seems the closest)

I used a prepaid VISA

Thanks for the help I understand if it isn't possible for me to get my money back

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nagzal 

You used friends/family?? That's a shame then as.............

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.