My account is permanently limited, does it mean I'd lose my remaining money there?

Ryxuion
Contributor
Contributor

I sometimes like commissioning my friends and other artists to draw something (digital art btw) for me, but PayPal suddenly emailed me yesterday that I could no longer do business with them and that I've violated PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy 221_reason14. I've used my account to receive and send money between my friends and fellow digital artists only.

Untitled.png

I called Customer Service and it was pretty much their final decision to permanently limit my account, so I have no hope of getting my account back. The Customer Service lady told me that I have to wait 180 days since the day I received the email to withdraw the remaining money that I have in my account. I looked around for more info and found that some people lost their remaining money while their accounts were permanently limited like mine. Does it mean PayPal would take my remaining money as well as the money in my linked bank account in case they fine me and my balance is in the negative?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryxuion 

Sounds as if they think you are abusing the friends/family option by using it to sell items against their rules.

Even if selling to friends you have to use the goods/services option, f/f is just for gift payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ryxuion 

Sounds as if they think you are abusing the friends/family option by using it to sell items against their rules.

Even if selling to friends you have to use the goods/services option, f/f is just for gift payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.