Hi

Dazza28
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I got an email today saying my PayPal account has be limited permanently and for god knows why to be honest!, anyway i am trying to remove my debit card off it seeing i cant use the account anymore but it isnt letting me!? Why is this? And is it safe to leave it on the account even tho you wont be using it anymore? Like paypal cant take money from your debit card/bank account or anything can they ?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dazza28 

Paypal limits the account to stop you removing anything from it.
They don't want you to be able to use anything linked to it to try and open another Paypal account against their rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dazza28
Contributor
Contributor
What if your balance is in negative and your debit card is still on the account? Can PayPal go into my debit card/ bank account and take money to clear the negative balance without my permission?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dazza28 

No, but if the debt is not cleared they will pass it to a debt collection company to recover for them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dazza28
Contributor
Contributor
Oh really!? Never knew that, so even tho the account is limited with a negative and debit card is still on the account paypal cant just take money from the card ? It's up to me to clear the balance myself? Is that what your saying?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dazza28 

Yep, paypal can't help themselves to funds from any linked bank account or card.

They can only debit 'authorised' transactions that you make.

However if the negative balance was caused by a failed bank transfer then paypal can try and complete that transaction and if no luck with your bank account can try your card as you would have authorised that transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dazza28
Contributor
Contributor
Aw right okay, I just didnt know what way it works. So even tho I cant remove my debit card from the limited account it's still safe if it's not removed? So no money will be taken from my card to clear the negative balance yes? Just had me causious and worried
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.