A month ago someone stole my bank info and used it to transfer money to what I think is a personal PayPal account. I have the transaction IDs, I know the bank account number that was used, I know their name. I just need to know WHERE in the world (US, outside of the US, in my state, out of my state) the geographic location where my money was spent and the contact info for the person who stole my money (PayPal has all this info on me, so I'd assume they have all the info of my bank thief) so I can decide if this is worth my local police department investigating. I was told over the phone by PayPal weeks ago that they would email me a copy of all the transactions using my bank account, that never happened. Do I need my local police department to execute a search warrant or can this be provided to me seeing that it was my money out of my bank account?
Fraud & Phishing
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Idiocy and Regrets in Managing Account Archives
- paypal can you please activate Reference Transactions in Managing Account Archives
- PayPal could you activate my reference transactions for my Shopify store please in Managing Account Archives
- Help with confirming a debit card (Egypt) in Wallet Archives
- My account was permanently limited in Security and Fraud Archives