Fraud transaction

simotero
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal Help Community,

I am writing here to report an issue with a recent transaction I made through PayPal. I sent money to someone on PayPal, and unfortunately, I did not receive the product I paid for. The transaction ID for this payment is 8RW015530E341253N.

I have evidence to support my claim. I have a screenshot of our conversation on eBay Kleinanzeigen, where we agreed on the terms of the transaction. Furthermore, eBay Kleinanzeigen closed his account due to fraudulent activity, which suggests that other buyers might have had similar experiences with this seller.

I am kindly requesting that you investigate this matter and help me retrieve my funds. I expect to receive a full refund for this transaction since I never received the product I paid for. I am also willing to provide any additional information or evidence you may require to resolve this matter promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. 

Best regards,

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simotero 

If you paid on Ebay then you have up to 30 days to open an Ebay dispute.

If its over 30 days then as long as you paid using the goods/services option and NOT the friends/family option then you would have buyer protection and would be able to open a paypal dispute.

If you want to open a paypal dispute then click on the transaction and using the report a problem link at the bottom of that details page report item not received. When you get the option escalate the dispute to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

simotero
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. Indeed I friends/family option, this is was today. What do you think I have to do now?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simotero 

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.

You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

simotero
Contributor
Contributor
Which means I lost my money? There is solution at all? Should I call police or something.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@simotero 

You sent him a ''gift'' of money.

If you think you have enough proof and have something like a small claims court in your country then you can try that but they may find against you as well.

If you wanted buyer protection you should have stayed on ebay or used goods/services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.