Estimate received? Asking release funds

Bemily31
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone know what a ESTIMATE RECEIVED is? 
Estimate received of £7000 to my PayPal but is only released to my account when I pay the £200 bitcoin fee. Is this a scam? Guy is saying he can’t send me the money unless I pay the bitcoin fee of 200£ as he’s a business account. Is this correct?

had an email from his company PayPal account to accept the estimate. Now I have to pay £200 to a bitcoin address given, for the £7000 to show in my PayPal. Is this a scam?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bemily31 

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bemily31
Contributor
Contributor

This is what the email said: Pending 1 x £7,000.00 Purchase the bitcoin worth £200 to clear the international transaction charges on the incoming payment of £5,000 from Mr jason [removed] company PayPal business account £7,000.00 Subtotal £7,000.00 £0.00 Total £7,000.00

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bemily31 

ok and???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Blondeshorty202
Contributor
Contributor
Wasn’t called Paulo by any chance? This exact thing happened to me, I didn’t go ahead, was advised it’s a scammer. I wouldn’t purchase ANYTHING. Doing so may give the customer your entire identity, essentially. Including YOUR Bitcoin purchase and card details. This is only what I’ve gathered🤷‍♀️ Hope this helps. I was stuck here too, unsure of whether to purchase the BitCoin but the risk is too great. Get them to pay you via the QR Code or your payment link.. otherwise take them to court! Heartless people. Take care, x
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.