Automatic payment at purchase without entering Paypay credentials

gansa75
New Community Member

I just purchased some christmas cards on a website .. 

To my disbelief when I opted for checkout by paypal it said the purchase was completed 

and a couple of minutes later I received an email from paypal I had just made a purchase .. 

No paypal account name was introduced by me , neiter my password , and not even my 2 factor authentication SMS was asked that I setup for security reasons 

I am baffled  that this is possible in a day and age where phishing and smishing attempts run rampant and everyone is pushed to add 2FA as a means for authentications . 

I googled to find out how I could block the privilege this website had of basically deducting money from my account without asking for any form of authentication like any sane person would anno 2021 but I couln't find any references to them in my "security settings" of my paypal account

any help is appreciated for this to never ever occur again because this event is shaking my believes in paypal as a trustworthy payment method to the core .. 

If by any chance I enabled some quick checkout feature that circumvents all my means of authentication , I need to find out how I can revert that procedure 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @gansa75

Welcome to our PayPal Community. Thank you so much for taking the time to post. 

Reviewing your message, it appears you may have previously purchased from this website in the past and may have opened an automatic agreement or subscription. A subscription will allow for an easier and more convenient checkout process. To review this and cancel the agreement, please refer here

I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If not, please know PayPal is here for you. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Thanks!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.