Account locked after 16years of use because PP now want me to prove who I am

Q8quillpen
Contributor
Contributor

I have never had any issues with my PP account and after 16 years they have locked the account and want me to verify my address... I have been using this address since the beginning and it is my home!! Upload my drivers licence or passport...What the hell for? I have been using this account for 16 years! they have verified my Bank account etc etc. Now due to this stupidity I have been penalised because a payment that was due was knocked back by PP! I am thankful that the account has no balance as I have been using my bank for payments. If there had been money in there PP would have kept it as I have no access to the account. I have tried to close the account and I can't until I upload proof of ID documentation...I guess next they will want your DNA as well. I won't be uploading any documents prior to closing the account as it would be pointless. I have another PP account that I use with my website and I have just removed the balance from that account to be safe. I am now going to have to remove all the PP buttons and periodic payments from that account as well to ensure that if PP decides to lock that account I don't have any funds in there that they could steal! What the hell is going on with PP???????

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mel787
New Community Member

So frustrating!! I just created my first business account and somehow PP system placed my country as Jamaica!? when I live in GUAM!! in order to change it they said I need to submit a bunch of forms certifying my "non-US business" - how the heck?!?! I am a US business!!! then they said "you can leave this account be and create a new one with another email" - what?! no this is my business email!! there is no other. wow already having a bad experience and I am just getting started 😞 sorry for ranting on your post. I seems like we are both struggling with having to do extra work for no good reason. 

Login to Me Too

Q8quillpen
Contributor
Contributor

I understand your frustration Mel, PP has been good until now and I do not understand why they have to do these stupid things to loyal customers. Hopefully there will be a better option available in the future and we can all dump PP.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Q8quillpen and @mel787,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the experience that has been caused with your account and I completely understand your frustration here. In this case, the best way to resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further. Please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options so that our advisors can look into your account and help you accordingly with what is next steps to be taken.

Thanks,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Q8quillpen
Contributor
Contributor

They have given me access to my account again but I am unsure whether PP can be trusted. I emptied the funds from my other PP account just to be sure I wouldn't be locked out of that account as well. If PP is going to do stupid things like this in the future, perhaps you could provide the courtesy to notify the account holder of your intentions. An explanation for WHY YOU ARE DOING IT! would also help. I can understand if it is a dodgy account or the account has had numerous complaints from people but my account is clean. PP will have a job gaining trust in the future.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.