Account Limitation Emailing asking for Invalid Name

Kfar
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there. 

This evening Paypal put an account limitation on my account that has been used by my business since early 2019. 

It requested for proof of Identity as well as Proof of address.

On the official site through the official resolution center I submitted a photo of my drivers license and confirmed that it was also a valid address on it.

Within 30 minutes I received a rejection email saying that the document does not match the name KIM, and that I need to make sure to submit info that matches the account.

I went into my account and verified that there is absolutely no mention of the name KIM anywhere. My account is my correct name, my correct phone number, and my correct SSN, all of which matches the drivers license I submitted.

I took a better photo of my DL and submitted it a second time for both the ID as well as the address. This time it was rejected as it was not clear, but it was super clear image.

I submitted it again, and this time once again I received an email rejecting it saying that The ID does not match the document for KIM, submit an id showing KIM, and an address of proof for KIM. I ALSO received an official email from paypal that was obviously meant for another user entirely at the same time. They sent me an email that was entirely in German that was meant for the user Janina <Removed> who also has nothing to do with me about order number 9VB82034R59207619.

What is going on, and how do I confirm my identity when they keep rejecting my ID that directly matches all the info in my account. Do they have completely hidden account name information that is not visible to users at all that could be wrong?

Is there entire system mixing up people and trying to verify me against someone else?

How do I sort this out? Thanks.

Edit Update:

I just went into actual users for my account and found a user that was the name of my business with no first name and no last name, BUT once I opened it up the personal information had the name of Kim.  So looks like I found where the name KIM is from. I am deleting that user, and creating a new user with my name and seeing if that will sort this out. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Kfar
Contributor
Contributor

It looks like the user Kim cannot even be deleted.

When I attempt to delete it, it asks me if I am sure and says that it cannot be undone. When I click yes it spins and presents the are you sure message again.

Edit Update: Once I created another user and it was verified it allowed me to delete the Kim user.

I have now submitted my License and proof of address once again so hopefully it goes through this time.

Really odd that they are verifying my ID against some secondary user with no first or last name instead of against the actual name on my account and business. The messaging on the page is also extremely vague about where the problem was, and what is even being verified. Such a bad user experience.

Login to Me Too

Kfar
Contributor
Contributor

Further update, even with the secondary user completely deleted and gone the verification was still rejected for not being the information for KIM.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.