Wordpress Plugin - AWPCP with Encrypted Website Payments not working

ipkonfig
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

hope youre great!

I started my WP site with complete zero programmin skills, this is my last step to complete my project.

When enabling Encrypted Website Payments and try to process a payment (Sandbox) after clicking pay with paypal it show "Cannot access right now, try again later". The EWP describing:
-Encrypting all website payments before sending them to PayPal using your own code
By enabling this feature, any buy now, donations, or subscription button that is not encrypted will be rejected by PayPal.

Everything on my site should be HTTPS/SSL secured.

The button is manually created by the plugin i think.

How can I check whats wrong?

PS. Is it easier to get a developer to change the manual button for the Paypal created button?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

The Encrypted Website Payments does not work with a shopping cart. The reason is because these settings are specific to HTML created PayPal Buy Now buttons. The HTML created PayPal Buy Now buttons need to be encrypted by a 3rd party software, which is why this setting exists in the PayPal Account.

If you have a Shopping cart such as WooCommerce the button encryption is not needed because the sensitive data is not viewable since WooCommerce uses the PHP back end Programming language to keep all your information safe.

If you are using a WordPress Plugin with an HTML created button, make sure that the button is encrypted or the EWP settings will not work properly.

Please make sure you turn off the Encrypted Website Payments if using a shopping cart.

Here is how to turn the settings off:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Select Profile Icon to the left of your logout button.
  3. Click Account Settings.
  4. Click Website payments.
  5. Click update next to Website Preferences
  6. Scroll down to Encrypted Website Payments
  7. Select Off under Encrypted Website Payments.
  8. Click Save.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Merchant Technical Support Community.

The Encrypted Website Payments does not work with a shopping cart. The reason is because these settings are specific to HTML created PayPal Buy Now buttons. The HTML created PayPal Buy Now buttons need to be encrypted by a 3rd party software, which is why this setting exists in the PayPal Account.

If you have a Shopping cart such as WooCommerce the button encryption is not needed because the sensitive data is not viewable since WooCommerce uses the PHP back end Programming language to keep all your information safe.

If you are using a WordPress Plugin with an HTML created button, make sure that the button is encrypted or the EWP settings will not work properly.

Please make sure you turn off the Encrypted Website Payments if using a shopping cart.

Here is how to turn the settings off:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Select Profile Icon to the left of your logout button.
  3. Click Account Settings.
  4. Click Website payments.
  5. Click update next to Website Preferences
  6. Scroll down to Encrypted Website Payments
  7. Select Off under Encrypted Website Payments.
  8. Click Save.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.