Sandbox webhook events in "Pending" state

Door3-devs
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

During testing we couldn't complete payment on our test environment using sandbox credentials. The main issue is as follows: 
When payment is completed, PayPal sandbox should send data via webhook, but it stays in 'Pending' state forever. 
Payment itself is working, I can see funds transfer from test accounts as well as tips and commission.
But the webhook never gets triggered. This is critical, because if it's not working, we can't trace payment status from our side. 

image.png

PayPal Merchant ID
L3XABAGTU6QBL

Suggested answer from this thread, did not helped. 
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

A status of Pending means that the webhook event has not been sent.

If the webhook event was sent it will look like this:

Here are a couple of reasons why Webhooks are in Pending:

• Webhooks are in a status of retrying because no response from your listener was received
    • If your listener is not responding eventually these will change from pending to failed
  • Active Service Disruptions (https://www.paypal-status.com/api/sandbox)

One thing you can do is to use the https://webhook.site to help with testing. A Listener URL will be provided and you can update your app to use the URL. This will help you to test and see the correct data and response that should be received with webhooks.

If the webhooks do fail you can resent them. A button for resend should show up next to the failed webhook.

Thank  you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

maxhu
New Community Member

I got the same problem.

I could use the `webhook simulator` to send any event to my listener or `https://webhook.site/`, it works.

But when I use sandbox to trigger the event with my listener or `https://webhook.site/`, it not works

Login to Me Too

darko1979
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this problem. I have previous experiences with webhooks, managed to setup paypal webhook for sandbox using ngrok, everything seems working fine but in webhook events page they are all marked pending with exclamation mark. I though I was doing something wrong, not sending the correct response, but I expected returning status 200 is enough. Then I found this thread and you pointed to try with webhook.site but all they do is also just send 200 back, although with plain/text content-type header and also all webhook events are in status pending. My only conclusion there is something wrong with your service. What is baffling to me that this was reported more than a year ago and apparently nobody cares.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

We've been working on this issue and it should now be resolved.

I've tested myself today and the status now shows correctly for new sandbox webhook events.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

maxim4ig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Unfortunately the problem has not been resolved. I cannot test the application properly because the webhooks are not working. Notifications come, but very late, with a long time delay. The next day, or a few days later.

12.18.51.png

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

I've checked my own developer account and I'm not seeing any issue.

Events are all showing green and the events themselves are being delivered on-time.

WH_Events.png

Please create a new post/thread if you're experiencing issues.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

beinoriusju
Contributor
Contributor

I can confirm I'm having difficulties with sandbox webhooks second weekend in a row. What's interesting turning LIVE webhooks are received without difficulties. Maybe you should show what HTTP status Paypal received upon marking Webhook Event pending. Knowing it's 500 or 410 would make a difference. Thank you,

p.s. Unfortunately, I'm not receiving webhooks even using webhook.site

Login to Me Too

alloy_bacon
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, vote for paypal captcha reader/writer: vote

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.