Sandbox text: Pending payments

laconvall
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

This is my first message here in the community.

We're doing a new version of my customer's online shop which was made with wordpress and woocommerce. First version has integrated paypal standard with api key and so on, but we didn't make that integration because another company did it. Now we've cloned the current version with all the settings, including Paypal API key and so on...

In the new version of the website i've done some test with the information our customer provided us and everything seems to work normal under Test Mode, I receive correcty the ordern in woocommerce, the email, etc...

The thing is that If I go to sandbox.paypal.com and sign in with the  sandbox personal email as if I were a client, i'm able to see that the transaction has been made, but I have this message "email hasn't accepted it yet". Attach 1 picture with the message

https://ibb.co/pJTymCN

I've checked the email of my customer and I didn't receive any email from paypal, I've tried to change to my business email to check if I would receive some email but with either no success.

Is this normal or once I come into production the website, the client would receive the emails?

Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

All email communication from our sandbox environment would be sent to the "notifications" section of your developer account, we don't send sandbox emails to external email addresses.

Check the "notifications" section of your developer account for payment confirmation emails for your transactions. If you don't see any, check the sandbox account which is receiving the payments and ensure the email address on the account has been confirmed.

As above, email confirmation notifications will also be sent to the "notifications" section of your developer account.

https://developer.paypal.com/developer/notifications

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

laconvall
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @MTS_Justin thank you for your quick reply.

This is the first time I do a Paypal integration in woocommerce, and I didn't know that emails wouldn't been sent to external email addresses under a sandbox enviroment.

I've taken a look to my notifications sections and I've seen all of them,

sandbox notifications  

sandbox notification message 

So, should I understand that the process would be ok? Which I can't quite figure out is that payments are still pending... well, I know that all this transactions are made-up and that could be the reason for that message

Once I've done this and decided to go live, then should I put the real email address which would be the same as my customer's paypal login account?

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

If you can see the email notifications, that's a good sign.  You should see some which when opened say "you've received a payment" and will then give details of the transaction.

Which I can't quite figure out is that payments are still pending... 

Login to the buyer account, check either recent activity, which is shown on the homepage of your account or click on "activity" in the header menu and select "view all transactions", which will show you all the transaction activity on your account.  Click on a transaction which was sent from the buyer account and check the email address where the payment was sent.  This email address needs to be registered on your business sandbox account (the account receiving the payment) in order for you to see the transaction within the same section in your business sandbox account.  The email address also needs to be confirmed.  One final note on this process, if for example you only had a USD balance open and you sent the payment in EUR, the transaction will stay in a "pending" status until you login to the receiving account and choose what to do with the transaction.  You'll be given some options, such as converting the funds into USD or opening a balance in EUR and accepting the payment in EUR.  You only need to do this once on the first transaction received in a currency for which you don't have an open balance.

If you can't figure it out, let me know the "merchant id" for the buyer sandbox account which you used to send the payments and I can take a look for you.  Details on how to retrieve the "merchant id" for a sandbox account can be found in the thread titled "how to report a sandbox issue", which is "pinned" to the top of this forum.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.